View Single Post
Old 13th August 2017, 18:36   #15
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Lets be fair here
What I have seen on the MG3 is not hugely worse as I have seen on so called premium models at double the price.
I have now had time to look at it myself, a very quick wire brush and a coat of Bilt Hamber Dynax to neutralise the rust in the meantime. Sadly Emma does not stay with us and being a teacher has very little spare time. It's now the wrong side of summer but hopefully I'll get a day one weekend that is dry to inject wax into the cavities and do the outside of the subframes etc.
I cant wait till MG gets of their butts and come up with a decision that may not even be the right one.

Sadly I think they actually may dissapear but my daughter has a 5 year finance deal and buying another car is not on the cards let alone Corsa's which be both can't stand.
I'll do the work when I can.
Be aware anyone with an MG3...... NEVER skimp on servicing, use quality properly specced oil and for Gods sake halve the oil change mileage or time.

Some may laugh but....... Fiat had a bad reputation for rust, not now and although the 319 (2004-2011) Panda had issues with the rear beam the 2012+ Panda has addressed this issue and is now reckoned to be one of the longest lasting in respect to body and "chassis" on the market. The difference between mine and so many other cars of its age is quite revealing.
Ask Jim Jamieson about his Jag and his lads Merc!!!!!

Last edited by murphyv310; 13th August 2017 at 18:42..
murphyv310 is offline   Reply With Quote