View Single Post
Old 13th October 2019, 18:41   #8
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgzrjake View Post
Sorry to here that, but you are correct for every good one there’s 10 or so that hide issues. This zt I purchased has been owned 11 by the same owner so that’s what tipped the scales on my travel and purchase also to be told of the fact it was sat on premium rubber Tyres and not the usual ditch divers stated above average upkeep in my mind.

My father always said start at the floor and work up, if the Tyres are of good quality! Not odd ! and cheap the money spent elsewhere will be money well spent and corners not cut. I have done this through out my car buying life.

Jt.
The tyre thing is a great way to start. Some years ago I went to see a Ford Focus which according to the advert just had 3 tyres fitted. Imagine my annoyance to find all 4 tyres with a depth of just 3mm. Challenging the owner I asked why he lied about the tyres. He had indeed had 3 part worms fitted that week to get it through the MOT as it failed on 3 tyres being below the legal limit. He had been cutting corners so I walked away,