View Single Post
Old 10th September 2019, 17:44   #12
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Remember to check the under seat connectors/wiring for the seat belt pre-tensioners as well. A problem with them will also bring the light up.
I'll know for sure now that I will need to get a T4 guru during the meeting in Boxtel!
I just got my car back from the garage to do the belts on my K-series. I asked them to check my airbag warning light.
A few hours after I left my car there this morning, they called me up to say they found the problem. The connector under my seat was loose. (the same connectors I checked yesterday myself and the day before that).
When I told him on the phone I was surprised, he said "those blue things get loose every now and then". I replied "But I don't have those anymore, I replaced them with other connectors I got from Conrad".
It got very quiet on the other side for a minute and then he said "Yes, that's what I mean. We fixed it now for you. No worries."
When I picked up the car, I checked under the seat, and nothing was changed. It was exactly the way I left it yesterday.

When I got home I checked the dashcam because I thought his comment to be very weird on the phone. In the video you can hear somebody talking who is sitting in the drivers seat. At one point he says (translated from Dutch): "Don't know, can't find it. Might as well just turn it off. That'll make the light go away".

I'm very worried now that I done something weird that turns the light in the IPK off, without solving the problem. If my warning light simply doesn't work anymore, I might not know when the airbag isn't functioning properly. If I get into an accident, the airbags might not work!