View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2019, 17:29   #27
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

My two-penneth (shows my age :¬)

1: Having driven a Tesla recently, my word they are FUN. I love the petrol engine as much as the next - my 3 vehicles total 168 years and two of them make glorious noises (while the 75 just purrs) but if I had to drive just one vehicle for the next ten years I'd pinch a Model 3 Performance.
2: Britain doesn't produce enough energy to meet its needs. North Sea Oil was never up to much (and we've sold the last extraction right to the Chinese). We don't have enough power stations (and they aren't owned by us) and we haven't invested enough in wind/wave/solar. That we have to import electricity via cables under the sea from Norway and France is ridiculous. We need to sort this out before things get critical. Fossil fuels will run out, maybe not tomorrow but one day.
3: We should be less dependent on personal travel. 100 years ago we didn't have 2 cars per house hold and we survived.

Finally. If we invested in future technologies we could actually get ahead of the curve for once. Gets my vote.
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote