View Single Post
Old 21st September 2019, 03:16   #22
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john116 View Post
As a new owner, I now have a car that cost AUD$70,000 when new, nearly 20 years ago. Nearly AUD$100k in today's money. It's only done 57,000 kms and looks new. I paid AUD$6000 for it, but consider that still to be cheap, unless I go shopping for one in the UK.

High end cars have never been cheap to maintain, and I'm still amazed (at least for now), the still huge number of spares available, and available very cheaply. So for the moment, no issue there.

If find the general depressed mood on this forum interesting, as I thought there would be so much more positivity about these cars. Not how much they cost to keep going, getting stressed about having to find parts (Really?!!!), and so on and so on.

If, as a club we actually worked together in a good way, and with some investment, between us all we could do amazing things to keep these amazing British cars on the road for at least another 20 years.
A few years back my niece married an Aussie in Brisbane and we then drove down to Sydney (via the Hunter Valley as I had to visit the place that grows the stuff I can’t stop drinking! ) We had a great time and I remember well sitting at Mrs Macquarie’s Point pondering the fact that the Opera House isn’t white.

We met really positive, helpful people.

In contrast, “the whinging pom” does exist.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote