View Single Post
Old 11th May 2020, 14:04   #9
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

This still brings a tear to my eyes.
I received this production as a thank you for supporting “the most vulnerable people in our local arts community” during these tough times.

Our local Rover Car Club is not solely about our cars. There is meaningful camaraderie amongst our members and some will gather for a light meal within the arts complex prior to taking our seats en masse to enjoy an evenings performance.

Macafee2: You said “After covid 19, I hope but my head says it wont happen, that people will not abuse the NHS staff due to being drunk..... or for any other reason”.

I will drink to that Ian.

We too have our idiots that display little respect towards the “front line workers”. Cowards display bravado when in the presence of friends – as cowards are inclined to do.

A neuro surgeon at one of our large hospitals politely reminded a smoker in the foyer that the hospital precincts were a No Smoking zone and that he should leave.
Resulting from a punch to his head, the neurosurgeon’s Life support was turned off a few days later. Unbelievably, the coward pleaded with the judge that he should not be given a custodial sentence ….. as the neurosurgeon should have known that a punch was coming and may have been under the influence of ice.. Thankfully, the judge was scathing of the pugilist (in his late 20s.) and gave him what he deserved. It takes years of training to become a neurosurgeon …… such a waste of life.

It is a known fact that some nursing staff, at least here will no longer work in public hospitals because of the physical abuse.

Thank you Brian for your wishes. I am well. My better half is not as good.

Best wishes to all.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote