Thread: DMGRS again !!
View Single Post
Old 29th March 2024, 16:04   #5
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletevl View Post
I'm in France and I placed an order with them and it was sent out quickly, I didn't pay VAT on the order wich came to £238 and paid an extra £39 for transport for head gaskets, water pump and little bits and pieces.

I've just received a message from FEDEX, they want 155€ in customs charges ! What a rip off.

This has nothing to do with DMGRS. But I will be trying to find parts locally from now on, or at least in europe.

Pete.

I believe that since Brexit we in Europe no longer have to pay UK VAT (check DMGRS' invoice) but instead our own local rates, unfortunately.

I much prefer FedEx, their service is much, much better than PostNord (Royal Mail/Swedish Post Office). The main difference is that with FedEx I pay customs fees after I have received the goods, with PostNord (if I manage to ever get the goods) I first have the goods held in customs, wait for snail post notification of amount due, pay, then I receive the goods. But as Mr. Stocktake knows, sometimes PostNord can’t even be bothered to lift the parcel to find the custom’s declaration but instead return the goods to sender.

I’ve experienced no difference in customs fees, both charge the standard 25% VAT we endure, there is a slightly higher fee or handling charge imposed by FedEx compared to PostNord but in my view well worth the extra.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote