View Single Post
Old 13th July 2019, 18:47   #11
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25
Unless they aired a different version of the interview on BBC - Northern Ireland, then BJ came across to me as totally unsuitable for the role of PM

A survey of 1,703 people showed 39% branded Boris Johnson a buffoon, 31% untrustworthy, 29% self-serving and 26% irresponsible.
YouGov Survey.

Sums it up for me

Well yes, that may be so! But I was talking about the interview with Andrew Neill - the doyen of interviewers in that field with a fearsome reputation. And given AN's antipathy to the man that was a heck of a hurdle to climb.

So, in the survey (where, by the way?) 39% called him a buffoon so most, by a margin of 41%, didn't.

31% thought he was untrustworthy so most, by a margin of 69%, didn't.

And 29% thought he was self-serving so most, by a margin of 71 %, didn't!

Not bad really! He'd be pleased about that! But the reality is those figures are about a very limited survey of people with strong feelings about the subject, and if it was in N. Ireland I imagine a vanishingly small body of supporters. I reckon I'd want a drop more evidence before making my mind up.

I've no idea about the suitability of other jobs but of the only two runners he's miles ahead with odds-on fortunes laid! Hunt came out of that interview as completely hopeless and weak. Did that survey give any verdict on him?

Last edited by wraymond; 13th July 2019 at 18:49..