View Single Post
Old 19th March 2021, 00:10   #8
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

thanks folks

the Strength and Dignity my Parents showed to me, throughout my life - is what keeps me Strong

Working on the Car has been a nice distraction - the issues actually being a benefit - what we need isn't always what we'd want

I've had some other bits to keep me busy - I was asked to fit a Kitchen for a friend (I'm no Kitchen Fitter - i've done a couple before tho) or it should have been ....... the Company who Designed and Supplied the Kitchen made a mistake when measuring the Room - I managed to make a few changes and adapt so all was Good - although it's no fun installing a worktop without help

I'll finish with a wee story of something that happened - folks make of it what they will

I had planned on building a partition wall in the Living Room for my Father to have a Bedroom downstairs - He had only just decided the stairs were too much every night/morning.

I had bought all the Timber/Plasterboard/Skirting/Door etc..

(I did move his bed downstairs the day he mentioned/agreed he'd prefer it)

everything snowballed and it never was able to be built and no longer the plan.

so the Materials were here and no longer needed/in the way and likely to be wasted.

I then got a call from a friend who needed some work carried out - A Partition Wall - In the Pub Directly Opposite the House My Mother Grew Up In
- My Grandfather was Janitor of the High School and this was Their House - the wall to be built was just the right size to use the Materials (glad to be able to help someone out a wee bit and not waste the materials)

coincidence ........... maybe......However that's right up my Mother's Street - "Literally"

the Loved Ones we have lost still have an influence upon us - even just in our thoughts and memories - we continue to remember and act upon the lessons we were taught - remember them in places we visit etc..

It Could be that those Loved Ones can continue to have a more "direct" affect on our lives than we might believe..

They All Live On In Our Hearts - And To Remember Them Gives Us Strength

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote