View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2019, 21:37   #1
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Angry Sister's Bag Stolen in Tesco Tonight.

My sister had her bag stolen tonight at our local Tesco at Roker in Sunderland. Her bank card, mobile phone and cash for her grand kids birthday gifts were among the things that were lost. Police employees will apparently ring her at home tomorrow night to discuss it and my request to the store manageress to quarantine and look at any relevant cctv footage was met with ye old data protection act fob-off etc., etc., etc..

Shortly after the theft and before we could get home to stop anything the stolen bank card was used to withdraw £250 from a hole in the wall at Jones convenience store apparently where ever that is in Sunderland - her bank gave this info when contacted to put a stop on the card. So well done Barclays for not trying to use the dpa as a none-excuse to do ... well, err, nothing as per Tesco at Roker in Sunderland.

The total cash value of the theft inclusive of all items lost is I would guess in excess of £600. The personal private memories and info stored on the phone will be a big loss but the biggest I sense from the moment will be the loss of trust and confidence she now feels about going out shopping ever again together with one of invasion of privacy.

The card and the phone sim have now hopefully been blocked but have we missed anything else that others who might have been through this can advise of?
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote