View Single Post
Old 6th August 2020, 01:10   #15
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
The problem with it not being used much is unless stored undercover the brakes will suffer, rust will get to the discs and callipers can seize up and you don't want something this big with dodgy brakes. Also tyres un used will end up with a flat spot because of the weight on them if you don't over inflate them or take the weight off them.

Yes good idea with the bike but can you get your groceries on a bike? As much as we enjoyed the 2 weeks the shopping was a real pain. In the end we found a Supermarket that I could stop in a bus stop to drop my wife off, I went out of town until she rung me to come and collect her.

The other problem I had forgotten about was driving on the motorway in the wind, a head wind meant we were restricted with speed and a side wind meant it was difficult to keep it in a straight line especially when passing or being passed by other tall vehicles.
Yep, some valid points there again and much appreciated input. I would off course take all the proper care of the vehicle, and I have experience of driving box vans in poor conditions, so have that to help.. Now you mention it though I have found myself seeing a lot of camper vans parked up in supermarket car parks of late, likely stocking up before heading on I would think..
Ros3 is offline   Reply With Quote