Thread: lpg insurance
View Single Post
Old 5th July 2020, 14:44   #1
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Default lpg insurance

been on lpg for years now.been with L.V for years same car . each year i have seen the premium increase . i do have upgrades .. all declared and legal. im paying £600 pa. i would like to know from other people who have lpg on here who they use. most of the insurers who i speak to wont insure lpg including the A.A. not sure about R.A.C (might be they cannot repair or do not have qualified staff) full ncd /.no claims for or against for last 12 yrs but makes little difference. i also have a full certificate of install from a private qualified lpg installer which they usually ask for. most of the insurers ask for you to be a member of the lpg installers list and on their list before they will insure you. mine was a private test of approval and so does not go on to their list.(this is a private lpg / installers sham which is not supported by law ) but used by the trade to force work and their own intrests. im sure their must be other insurers who will insure without being a member of thiis scheme. ( L.V is one ) which is whom im with now. any other insurers ?
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote