View Single Post
Old 21st February 2019, 22:29   #24
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Excellent point, I was once asked why I had manufactured a pair of sealing washers for the rear quarter waist trims.

The answer to that was........because I could, and I enjoyed myself doing so.

In terms of the EGR, the pushrod doesn't create any sort of meaningful difference to the airflow figures, so simply disable the operation to prevent the EGR and inlet tract becoming sooted up once it's been cleaned

Brian
Hi Brian, thanks again for your input, I got more interested / involved with the original egr modding subject having read somewhere that the internal valve gubbins was representing roughly a 40% loss in air flow !? not sure what real term effects this would have as the rest of the inlet tract takes a pretty torturous route and flow would no doubt be ruined long before it gets to the combustion chamber.
Sure ... it would be a doddle to replace with a delete kit but as stated earlier I was concerned about the impending mot hence the original post, but since it was pointed out that the egr is pretty much hidden from view by the engine cover it became less of a problem, so modifying the original became more of a project rather than a necessity. so ... based on what all of you have advised, I think i'll unplug and gut the egr and smooth bore it
i'll try the unplugging bit first thing tomorrow and see if I can feel any difference on the way to work.
Cheers.
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote