View Single Post
Old 12th July 2017, 18:37   #1
mredowns

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Default 75 decides to jump into a field

My 52 plate (BG52UGM) diesel tourer was almost through a long sweeping corner 2 weeks back when it decide agriculture was better. It spun 90' and slid across the wide dry, and luckily empty, A road. Then rolled over and leapt into a field. ending up the right way up and on an electric fence. No one hurt.
I admit that for the last 2 weeks I had thought I must have done something wrong, but the more I talk to folk about it and read about other problems, the more I suspect it was a suspension failure. The tyres were intact but the washer bottle and lots of other "wing stuff" were scattered around. I admit I did not study the wreck being glad to have missed the big tree and be alive although bruised.
I'd had the coild replaced a few months earlier after one split a tyre reversing slowly. The tyres and tracking were new. I'd had all suspension checked several times after a few suspicious noises. I think it may have been a rubber bush on the lower strut (?) which held the brake caliper in place, but don't really know.
The point of the posting is to encourage anyone in my situation, with suspicious noises, not to trust that everything is solid because nothing moves when the car is on a ramp and to consider getting all bushes replaced.
Bye
I
mredowns is offline   Reply With Quote