View Single Post
Old 5th December 2019, 20:13   #74
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

After 2 flushes and all the other things I've done while still looking for the misfire cause, the car is running mint now. However, I have one more question, I want to make sure that this issue will not cause me any problems in the future, so, do you guys know if there should be something regarding the fuel pump to look at? For example I guess that the car has a fuel filter, and if so, is it serviceable? Also heard that some models have a fuel filter that has a common problem with some orange O ring? Just talking from what I can remember reading on the forum. If the car really has a fuel filter I'd like to look at that too just to make sure it's clean and letting properly enough fuel through, and if not, to replace it. Mind you I have a 2.0 V6 engine.

Another thing to mention, my mechanic drove the car and he told me that even though it's got 150hp it doesn't really feel like that, he said he feels something is not 100% right in terms of acceleration, which makes me wonder because I always replace the air filter sooner than neccesarry, also recently fitted new upgraded VIS motors plus a rattle free manifold, checked fuel pressure and compression which are both right, reader shows no errors and everything seems right, but it still has that quite lack of acceleration that a 150hp engine should have Any ideas what I should check?
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote