View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2019, 18:47   #16
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
I shoot in AdobeRGB and I do my post production on a 27” Mac with Retina display, generally what I see on the screen is how it comes out on print.
That said, I use two printers and one I use only for A3 and A2 photo prints and the other I use for other media. I have the ICC profile from the guy at ProTradePrinting and the other is SAAL Digital, the latter of which have an individual ICC profile for every print media they sell. Simply load these into Lightroom and you can proof everything very easily before sending to print.

During my degree I had to produce numerous printwork for exhibitions, as well as magazines and books, and the single most important aspect of producing your own work is definitely colour management.
Irrespective of what RGB colour space you shoot with, most printers only speak CMYK, so how can you be absolutely certain that the RGB colours in your images are reproduced as closely as possible in CMYK?
It’s an art in itself but once understood, it completely removes all the print anxiety.
Thank you.
I will have to speak to the print shop again and ask if they can give me the print profile.
Is CMYK a fixed colour space or is it variable?

I am really amazed at how complicated it is.