View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2019, 16:13   #15
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

I shoot in AdobeRGB and I do my post production on a 27” Mac with Retina display, generally what I see on the screen is how it comes out on print.
That said, I use two printers and one I use only for A3 and A2 photo prints and the other I use for other media. I have the ICC profile from the guy at ProTradePrinting and the other is SAAL Digital, the latter of which have an individual ICC profile for every print media they sell. Simply load these into Lightroom and you can proof everything very easily before sending to print.

During my degree I had to produce numerous printwork for exhibitions, as well as magazines and books, and the single most important aspect of producing your own work is definitely colour management.
Irrespective of what RGB colour space you shoot with, most printers only speak CMYK, so how can you be absolutely certain that the RGB colours in your images are reproduced as closely as possible in CMYK?
It’s an art in itself but once understood, it completely removes all the print anxiety.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote