View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:21   #77
dai1983

75 Saloon

A bombing attack by the local birds saw the car getting its first wash in my ownership last weekend. It gave me a chance to give the bodywork a once over. It’s pretty clean except the usual stone chips and a small scuff on the rear corner. The front bumper is also a bit low compared to the bonnet but I’m taking it off soon.

I had it on the ramps on Wednesday and I dropped the oil then refilled with new to flush it out. I also changed the PAS fluid while I was there.

The car is slowly loosing coolant and a pressure test shows there’s a leak somewhere. I can only see a small bit of crusty red in the “V” but the front belt cover at the gearbox end had coolant dripping off it. The fan has stopped working at slow speed and the radiator isn’t getting very hot either.

Ordered Chinese timing tools, INA timing belt kit, DMGRS water pump, full service kit, cam seals, inlet gaskets, ATF fluid, thermostat kit with pipes, uprated fan resistor, new non squeaky aux tensioner and aux belt. I’ve also picked up a full set of brand spankers Borg and Beck brakes for £80 off the Facebook marketplace.

I’ll fit all that next week after work and shows this car is here for the long term. Getting a calculated 30mpg at 80% A road and motorway. Hoping the cooling refresh/fix will give a few more.

Last edited by dai1983; 2nd February 2018 at 15:01..
dai1983 is offline   Reply With Quote