View Single Post
Old 19th January 2018, 20:21   #72
dai1983

75 Saloon

I now own this car and will update this thread as and when I can or start a new one if that would be more polite? So far everything is going pretty well and it took the journey from Glasgow to Devon in its stride returning over 400 miles to a tank!

I’m coming from a clio 172 and had other sporty-ish cars such as Accord Type Rs and a 2.0t Octavia VRS. I wish that I’d come to the 75 party a lot sooner and feel especially bad for ridiculing my dad back in the day for looking at them! I hope that I can redeem myself.

Anyway my plans are:

-belts and full service
-ATF change
-plenum check
-There’s a slight wheel vibration around 70mph which will be wheel balancing.
-Get underneath and have a look at the disks and pads that were mentioned in an advisory.
-The other advisory was rusty brake lines so I’ll clean those up.
-Tyre savers and/or new springs.
-The car came with two sets of serpents that need refurbing. I’m considering getting one set powder coated in a gunmetal colour and selling the other set.
-real wood dash

I actually have a manual 1.8T that I bought a week before I spied this one for sale. It needs new top mounts, front brakes, leaky side clips sorting and a new tyre. I have the parts already but contemplating using it for bits. The 16s and other tyres ane VGC!
dai1983 is offline   Reply With Quote