View Single Post
Old 28th June 2014, 10:15   #52
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscan.eu View Post
Hmm. Ron is kind of forcing my hand a bit here. I guess I'll have to tell the actual truth. The truth is that I found this particular thread a bit stressful and disappointing. To spend such a lot of time working on something and then to have it slammed because it's not a T4, or, "just a code reader" was hard. I didn't get much sleep that night which was the night before the demo day.

The other problem with this thread is that it makes a suggestion (not an actual promise, but it could be interpreted that way) of a "virtual T4" to the general forum readership. I could be wrong, but I really don't think that this is going to happen. I'm sorry guys but most of you are not going to get a virtual T4; that's my opinion.

I don't have a problem with the forum as a whole. There are clearly some great and generous people on here, and a few potential customers too . In fact I'm not even going to have a problem with any clique. They have their opinion and I have mine and that's just fine. I have been on the Internet long enough to know the rules of these things. You keep it factual and professional and not personal. I have decided not to get into a conflict and so I just won't.

I also am aware that as of today I am now running a business as I am going to receive a pile of cash to do this, but I haven't paid for trader status here. I will have to keep a lower profile. I thank the moderators for their tolerance so far.

I also need to be clear, I am not doing this out of charity or love of MG Rover cars. I wanted to have a go at designing and creating something that people would want and which would make me some pocket money. That's the satisfaction (and ego I suppose) that engineers, designers, developers or whatever crave. I needed to sell 3500 to break even and now I have gone over that and will be able to build up some stock. I don't think I deserve a medal. This is business and I am getting what I wanted and that's enough.

I actually think that this product can co-exist with the services offered by the T4 experts. It does only do error codes and live data, and it is a safe product for a hobbyist to use. It just saves you having to go to a professional mechanic with their 2 grand tool every time a little fault occurs. If you want to do something more serious you are still going to have to visit a T4 guy, and that's probably a good thing because they have the expertise to not brick your whole car which is a risk as understand it.

So hopefully we can all get along.

Thanks Philip
Well said.
Ron