View Single Post
Old 21st February 2020, 21:38   #30
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Wow. That's an impressive mileage. I see it's a diesel. Is that the BMW diesel?
Well done for taking such good care of her.
Incidentally, what is a reasonable life for a V6 if well maintained anyone?
I think well maintained V8's are good for 250000, but few get that far with UK petrol prices
Yes had her built to order in June 2002, had to wait for her, picked her up from Hartwell Charles Clark dealership West Bromwich. She had delivery miles only 14 miles, today shes on 321000 miles, and still uses no oil between services in daily hard service doing around 400 miles a week, week in week out no problem, love the darn thing to bits, i don't want showroom, but shes close to that... i want to drive it, and fear NO MILES where ever she goes and it does GO ANYWHERE, and believe this or not never broke down once and i mean not once on any journeys.

Shes the Longbridge /BMW diesel i say that because the Rover engineers did a basic engine and changed the turbos with none swirl values, all MG-ROVER engineers did that, where as the BMW 1 series keep getting blown turbos the Rover 75 ones go on and on.., mines still the factory fitted Diesel turbo from Longbridge factory

The car is amazing and in hard labour use.... soft spot for her shes seen all the kids grow up in her, the other cars have come and GONE the Rover 75 tourer has " STOOD THE TIME OF TIME" superb automobile.

Last edited by Olde faithful; 21st February 2020 at 21:40..
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote