Thread: Wine making
View Single Post
Old 29th October 2019, 15:27   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
My car was full including passenger seat, back seat, floor and boot. Far too much for my needs, so I shall be passing quite a lot of it onto 'friend'.
Included with the kit was a 30 bottle medium Italian white wine kit, which just needed 3.5Kg of sugar, so I bought that on Sunday and had it all set up by 14:30. I was under the impression it would begin bubbling almost immediately, rather than the 2 or 3 days before the fermentation begins.

There was still no action at 09:20 when I checked it and I was wondering if the yeast might have been dead. At 09:30 it gave a tremendous burp, blowing most of the water out of the airlock and its been bubbling steadily since.

Things have changed quite a bit, since I was last involved. Many of the home brewing dealers have gone and there are many more gadgets to be had than ever to ease the process. You can even buy an LAN connected airlock, so you can monitor the process remotely via a smart phone.

Most of the dealers seem to be online sources now, rather than bricks and mortar shops.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote