Old 30th November 2020, 19:14   #6
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Oh Dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
After some mild discomfort these last few months and then sleepless nights this last week worrying, I had my scan today and was told and all credit to the doctor for guessing overt the phone, I have a hernia.

Have to wait to hear from the doctor as to what happens next. Only mild discomfort, I can do everything so not too bothered.
I may have done it at the beginning of first lockdown moving 8ft concrete posts by myself. I lifted keeping back straight and bending at my legs to try and reduce injury, I thought all had gone well.

macafee2
I got mine in 1990 from a coughing fit, it was four years before I did anything about it. I got the surgery in 1994 and had the mesh and Internal suture, you must ask for internal suture as it leaves a neat line that heals fast and has less pain. I still lift out engines and carry heavy things and I've never had a blip in the area of the surgery. I will tell you one thing, when you get the date for the surgery you should eat soup for the few days before it. After the surgery, eat soup for a week because you won't be able to push down without pain, solid foods make harder work.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote