View Single Post
Old 12th October 2020, 14:17   #12
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asantosb View Post
Hey guys! I bought my Connie 2.0 CDT here in Portugal for 2 years now, has almost 275.000 and it’s used as my daily driver. Was just about to getting it painted, however...
"Finally" clutch/slave problem appeared, as I’ve been reading about this problem for so long now The previous owner told me that the clutch was changed before I bought it, but now I doubt it that he changed anything or, at least, that he changed the slave.

Today the clutch pedal went all the way down. From what I’ve read it seems to be the slave....
From what I’ve read here it’s advisable to change both clutch, slave and master at the same time right?

Also, I would like to hear some opinions about Luk Repset Pro kit but also about genuine Land Rover clutch (URB500070) and AP clutch, sourcing both cylinders separately, as I read Brian talking about these clutches on one post and they seem considerably cheaper to my budget!!

Thank you in advance everyone!!
Cheers from Portugal!
Antonio
Hi Antonio, apart from the clutch pedal going to the floor, what else makes you think the clutch has failed? Did you find any fluids below the bell housing?
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote