View Single Post
Old 20th September 2019, 10:29   #6
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

It was reported earlier this year that the CEO of Highways England has said that we will not be driving our classic cars in 30 years. It was said he has no authority so how can he say this, but he is in the know and is part of the consultations for future transport planning. He said fuel availability and pollution control will make them unusable and suggested that the EVs now on the road will be the classics of the future.

Electric power conversions will possibly be an alternative for some of the more exotic and valuable models, but the average run of the mill classics that do not have a great value will not be financially viable to convert. The 70s and 80s classics now worth £3000/£5000 that are kept on the road by enthusiasts on a budget, which is most, will never have the conversions done so most will end up scrapped or rusting away in a garage.

Sadly its the future I see for my Triumph Dolomite as the values will eventually fall as the deadline gets closer making it less likely. At least if I'm still around I will be in my late 90s so driving may be a past pleasure. Enjoy them whilst we can.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote