View Single Post
Old 26th April 2019, 20:36   #4
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

The seller and I have been playing email tennis all day and it's gotten to be beyond a joke.

In a nutshell, I wanted to know three things:
  • Why have you sold me a grey import camera when you told me it was a genuine UK destined camera?
    What market was it really destined for so I can register it with them.
    How have European documents ended up inside the box?

At first they replied simply asking me to follow a link to the European Canon website to register it....

I explained that all that link did was allow me to join a mailing list and from there I had checked the serial number and had it confirmed it was not originally intended for Europe..

This went backwards and forwards for some time until they said its not a grey import, its just you can't register it because it's not through their network....

To which I replied, "so it is a grey import then, which is exactly what I asked you before I bought it.

She came back saying that it's not a grey import, if it was it wouldn't have a warranty, a UK plug or English on the camera menu.

I give up!

Despite this, I am going to keep it. It's definitely an import, I wouldn't mind if they were honest from the start, but they haven't been.

The charging plug is clearly not Canon. The lead is about two feet long and the plug looks very poor quality. It has BS marks literally all over it.

The camera and lens though, they are really nice.

It's been raining pretty much all day today so haven't got out with it.
I did take a couple of snaps of the dogs though, inside, no flash, 1/25 shutter speed, F7.1, ISO 6400 and no noise at all.
With my 700D it would have looked a right mess with those settings.