View Single Post
Old 6th November 2006, 14:11   #9
PaulG
Avid contributor

75 2.5 Auto Connoissuer SE, 75 2.5 Man Connoissuer

An interesting dilema .... using them daily gaurentees stone chips, car park damage (why is it that you park in an area with few cars and by the time you get back are sourrounded by people who just throw their doors at you?) , but means that your daily journeys are enjoyable. Running something else and enjoying the 75 for high days and holidays does however help to make it even more enjoyable when you do take it out.

I wrestled with this for a while, having bought a 75 in 2000 with the intention of keeping it for the long term. 12 months later I found myself having to travel 140 miles a day to a different site. Common sense would suggest that using the 75 was the logical answer, so I went out and bought an 827 Sterling to use instead. That really made the weekend use of the 75 even more enjoyable!

Three years on the Sterling was starting to show its age..... a new dilema, throw money and time at something which isn't particularly enjoyable to use but is a comfortable motorway cruiser, or use a 75 which does the cruising better as well as being far more fun on the smaller roads. No contest ..... I bought another 75.

Best of both worlds ......use one and enjoy it everyday, have another for high days and holidays!

Paul
PaulG is offline   Reply With Quote