View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2017, 17:24   #6
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Is that near the light switch itself? The water is much lower, its baffling me. Is this residual water from a previous problem that is trapped? Do I still have a leak? If its moving around between panels, is it even entering driver's side? I might just run a hose over it and see if more goes in. I've heard of water getting in the bulkhead from the plenums, but how? I can see the driver's side, and that is running free. Water comes out the passenger side, and I can see the rubber tube top, is there more to the tube that could be adrift?
Dawn I found a lot of water in my drivers footwell,never in the ten years of owning the car has this ever happened before.So I thought about what I had done recently and the only thing that Had been worked on in that area was re placing the master cylinder.Upon investigation it was found that the rubber grommet that the clutch pipe goes thru was not seated properly allowing water to enter the car thru the bulk head.I resealed/seated it properly and never had the problem again. worth a look..

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote