View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2019, 11:27   #21
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Thank you Al.

Yes, the 2006/2007 disc will be ok to use but bear in mind that any road alterations made since then will not be on it.

The most recent official disc I know of is 2009-2010. Navteq was the original supplier, then VDO Dayton and Tele Atlas joined in.
Tele Atlas discs don't include TMC, Traffic Message Channel. This is data encoded onto Classic FM and Smooth Radio stations. It shows live traffic information as symbols on the map, primarily queues and road closures. It is free of charge.

If I were you I would Google those three suppliers and see if anything is available now. Somehow I doubt it because people use their smartphones now and don't want to pay £80 for a CD.

Simon

I bought a 2015 disc off Navteq last year which at that time I believe was the most up to date for these units that was available.

I keep my working original Satnav for the originality thing. The system is a kind of quaint basic version of todays super duper systems as you would expect of a 16 year+ old system as technology moves on but it certainly works OK and i'd have no concerns about it getting me to any existing address up to 2015 disc information if needed in an emergency.

I use my modern Satnav for general driving if required as it also has speed limits and warnings on it but pop the original on every now and again to give it a run just for the fun of it.

Last edited by bendrick; 3rd August 2019 at 11:32..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote