View Single Post
Old 14th May 2017, 16:53   #8
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
a search on the web and vlc can be set up to play 264 files but I don't think without resetting it back to standard configuration it can play mp4 files.

the programme I found hs worked well bt very slow. I have managed to trim 30 minute 264 files down to a couple of minutes mp4 files.

Thank goodness for the internet but I feel the manufacturer of the system that has given me 264 files needs to include a decent converter. Not force me to turn to the internet for help

mavafee2
Having no idea of the source of your '264' files it's difficult to help further, as stated H.264 is a video encoding not a filetype. If you mean you have some files with the name e.g. somevideo.264 then you'd best ask the supplier what the fileformat and video encoding actually is. If it's some sort of CCTV then they've probably used a standard encoding method but a proprietary file format so that it can only be played on their software (unless you know how it can be unpacked and reprocessed: which is difficult).

Quote:
I have managed to trim 30 minute 264 files down to a couple of minutes mp4 files.
Not sure what you mean by this? you have 30 minute long '264' files? you have some 30 minute long video files of type '264'? What do you mean 'trim ... down to a couple of minutes'? are you trying to edit the video? (in which case you need a video editor - not a transcoder.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button

Last edited by Avulon; 14th May 2017 at 16:56..
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote