View Single Post
Old 26th July 2017, 15:10   #3
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
So you changed your mind about France then ??
It was changed for us.............................. the French it seems do not want us poor Brits. WE tried to rent a house but of course the UK state pension is not enough to allow one to rent there. You need to prove 3x monthly rent in income. The French pension does this easily it seems but despite the Guberment in the UK saying how well off pensioners are the lowly UK state pension is less than 1/3 the French one.

Our idea was to rent while we explore and search for the area we like and then the place to buy. The other issue was being told to keep the dogs in the shed, garage or garden NOT in the house.

So we said no thanks to the French and France and have rented a house here no problems and we start our search for the place for us hopefully next week.

As I don't speak French and wold have to learn the fact that I don't speak Bulgarian is not really an issue as instead of French I will begin learning Bulgarian ........................ well try to at least.

We now have an English speaking Lawyer who is assisting us with forms and red tape stuff and made contact with several English speaking real estate agents. Our Bulgarian bank even has English speaking staff to help with our activities there.

Last edited by Reebs; 27th July 2017 at 02:42.. Reason: Swearing removed
Plezier is offline   Reply With Quote