View Single Post
Old 25th April 2019, 19:45   #4
Groundhog
Posted a thing or two

Citroen C5 Aircross

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
This Sunday, I have to give up my lie in and a day off to attend the first module of the 2019 driver cpc. What a load of absolute cack!! 5 days, 35 hours 5 modules of listening to someone telling me how to do the job I have been doing now for 16 years. I can understand it for those new to the coach and haulage industries, but why the hell should we seasoned drivers be forced to do it, just to keep hold of our livelihoods?Every 5 years this has to be done, the stupid thing about it is, you can do 5 of the same module, or mix and match 3/2, 4/1, rather than doing the 5 different sections..
As a part time/casual employee, I am having to fork out the cost myself. £56 per module x5 =£280 The instigators of the scheme were the Germans, supposedly to route out "cowboy drivers", but when the plan was blueprinted( for want of another word), they threw it out, as did the French, Belgians, and another E U country. The UK? no we'll have some of that, it will create jobs for people, and we can get money out of the working man once again. It absolutely boils my pish.!! Anyone else believe it's pointless?
End of rant.
Totally agree Rich

Especially when the “instructor” was a middle aged woman telling me how to drive an artic economically and she didn’t even possess an HGV License.

As you rightly say it’s just another money making racket from the corrupt EU dictatorship.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote