View Single Post
Old 16th November 2017, 02:03   #11
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Hi all,

I have been handed over ownership of this from Vinnie (Supervinnie40) who successfully managed to produce the first batch of heated windscreens for our cars Due to not having the time to do a second batch, I have offered to take ownership of getting the second batch made Just like to say a big thank you to Vinnie for his time and effort for making the first batch a success, and hopefully we can get enough interest to have a second and maybe even third batch made

I just wanted to start this new thread to firstly gather some feedback from the first batch. For those who ordered in the first batch and have had their new windscreens fitted, I'd be interested to hear what you think of them:

- Are you happy with them,
- was the fitting process ok?
- was you able to transfer the rain sensor for the wipers and the rear view mirror onto the new screen ok?
- How did you go about wiring the heating elements, did everyone wire them to the rear demist button on the AC panel with the use of a relay?
- and is there any adjustments or changes that could be made to improve them which i could suggest to the manufacturer?

I'll be getting in touch with the manufacturer tomorrow to get things started, and will also be putting posts out on facebook to try and gather more interest, as the more we order the cheaper it would be per windscreen.

Also, I think what I'll do is supply the windscreens with the relays and wiring needed which I think will make things a bit easier for those who are unsure of what relays to purchase, and down here in the south east I'd be happy to wire up the heater elements for you.

If you would be interested in a heated windscreen please respond to this thread to let me know and I'll start making a list to get an idea of numbers. Looking at the thread from the first batch, I believe the price including shipping was around £250.

Lastly, for those who had heated windscreens fitted, is anyone local to me in Essex for me to take a look and take some pictures of how they look fitted?

Cheers,
Rick

List of those interested:
1. Me
2. handyjackdaniel
3. Shapfell
4. charlie 22
5. Rugbyrhinoman
6. Onesixty
7. Fishytroll66

+ possible 16 people interested in 17 screens on my facebook page

Yes Please Rick can I please have a rain sensor one I had to drop out last time as there was 1 screen short made and someone had to be big enough to say ok I’ll wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote