View Single Post
Old 4th June 2019, 21:58   #9
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Hi Rich - I would strip the carb, run carb cleaner through all the orifices and then rebuild with a new diaphragm/needle/filter screen kit. I can send you links to how it is done if you fancy having a go. It's all quite straightforward if you mark everything up and take photographs of where all the bits go.

But first, make surre there is nothing blocking airflow to the fins thus causing the engine to overheat.
its already had a carb strip, clean and rebuild Maninder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
If it only does it when it is on its side check that the fuel pick up in the tank is not stuck up or kinked over.It should have a weight on the end of the fuel line to keep it in the fuel.

the only thing that normally goes wrong with the carb is the diaphragm that acts as a pump There is little else that can go wrong with them..
Its had the tank off and cleaned, fresh petrol added, not JUST when on its side, using it on the flat too.The machone cost me 90 quid about 4 years ago, so far I have spent 50 on repairs that havent worked. To put it in to a garden machinery repair centre would cost me more than I paid for it. There is a place just across the road from me, but they are Stihl and Husquvarna dealers, so will cost a fortune. I'm not confident to dismantle it, this is why I gave it to the machinery repair man, as he serviced the mower a couple of years back. I have learnt that if I'm not sure of what I'm doing, let someone who is do the job.