View Single Post
Old 28th June 2019, 09:15   #1
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts
Default Weird Goings on with 1.8's Alarm

my Sons reported his alarm keeps going off on the way home from work ?

But ts ok in the morning going there. seems a bit weird i thought so I took it to work myself about 15 miles compared to his 8 miles.

All ok on the way in , but coming home , after about 2 miles the alarm goes off . I pull in to a layby, switch motor off and key out , but nothing stops it. fob buttons , key in door bonnet/boot up and down .
Alarm was on for about 20 secs the goes off for a moment then alarm on again . did this for about 4 times then went off and I drove home all quiet. ??

this morning tried the car I got a single beep when fob pressed once to open driver door, then no beep on second press opens the others as expected.

Tried the same a bit later an on one click to unlock I got a quick chirp of the alarm.

If i cycle the locks on and off a number of time the alarm will go off and can be switched off by the fob button.

plenums all bone dry all the connectors i've check all all dry , done a battery reset .
Nothing reported on the dash.

Any clues peeps where to look or test .. ta

Chris
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 28th June 2019 at 15:06..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote