View Single Post
Old 26th September 2023, 13:53   #13
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I may be able to give you a wave from one of the Great Yarmouth bridges as you pass! Have a safe journey. You never know, you may get a taste for the salty waters and try a trip to the continent! Don't forget your GB sticker!

https://www.broadsnet.co.uk/riverbure4/
Hi Mike,

Plans are fluid and have changed a little since my last update.
The tides will be on neaps on our original planned departure date. We may struggle to get underneath Vauxhall and Acle road bridges so our new plan is to wait till the following week when on spring tides. Unfortunately low water is late afternoon that week so our new plan is to go under the Gt Yarmouth bridges on the spring low water slack. Open the taps up and motor across Breydon. Follow the Yare down to the New Cut, thus avoiding St Olaves road bridge. Follow the New Cut onto the Waveney River into Lowestoft and overnight at Lowestoft Yacht Marina. This will allow us to also get fuel at the much reduced prices sold at the fuel berth, before departing Lowestoft onto the North Sea.

I'm hoping the weather will play ball as I really don't fancy leaving much later than October as the weather & Sea conditions will likely be less likely to be good. That and also our three month notice to vacate Acle Marina will be looming large and Lady Emma will become 'homeless'

As for Salty stuff. Well we bought Lady Emma for that purpose to open up our cruising options. Besides that, we will have no choice as Titchmarsh is a salt water Marina by the North Sea

So....If you want to wave us off properly as we leave the Broads, you might have to come down to Lowestoft to 'See us off'

Last edited by coolcat; 8th November 2023 at 03:17..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote