Thread: prices
View Single Post
Old 16th February 2022, 14:12   #16
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
sorry but this really does not make any sense at all. ...
I couldn't believe it when I got the car, and initially thought the same as you, but I think it more shows how well they developed engines over a relatively short space of time. Same engine size, similar power output, and the Jag is quicker. The ZT was something like 160g/km, making it band G, the Jag only being 99g/km makes it band A, where there's no charge, about a 40% reduction in the measured unit of emissions from the ZT. I'm not sure how that stands for the future though, it looks like bands D and higher have been steadily increasing but A, B and C have stayed at £0, £20, and £30.

What would irritate me is that the identical car to mine if registered after the 1st April 2017 would then cost £140 a year. For comparison, if a ZT was registered after 1st April 2017 ( I know it couldn't be, but just hypothetically), it would be £555 for a diesel manual! Not sure how much higher the emissions are on the auto, but if they took it to the next bracket (171g/km+), it'd be £895!

I'll admit it seems JLR specifically went after the low emissions with this particular trim/spec as it's just inside the bracket, and they fitted it with a smaller fuel and AdBlu tank than the rest of the range.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote