Thread: Meets IN 2022
View Single Post
Old 21st November 2021, 15:57   #4
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG75 View Post
First of all Martin, I apologise for not replying to you earlier.
It was meeting Raven Black this morning, that alerted me to your post.
I don’t know how I missed it, but clearly I did.

Your thoughts are completely in accord with what a South East Area Social scene needs to be doing, and are warmly welcomed.

Following a few years of South East Area inactivity, in 2020 we started to rebuild a social element. I’m the first to admit that we are still at an early stage, if measured by numbers alone; having said that, there is (I know) both enthusiasm and optimism, within our small number.

Certainly arranging more ambitious days, than just breakfast, are anticipated; in fact we have quite a long list of potential venues, and ideas, which came to an abrupt halt when Covid dealt it’s hand.

I look forward to meeting you in the near future, and who knows what 2022 will bring us.

Your offer of help is also very welcome, and I am aware that choosing the right geographical locations, for meets is important.

Should you want to build up a picture of the last few years, in terms of posts and activities then they are all there, on the club site, under the Regional Events Forum.

Regards

Mike
Thanks Mike, I look forward to meeting up with other owners also, i've been involved with a few clubs, mostly from having owned a couple of Kit cars in the past,as area secretary, and local events co ordinator, so i am very aware of the right destination etc, and of course, it has to be a fun day out, i organised a mystery drive, with Kent kit cars, which finished up at a very nice pub, with a large car park, that went down very well,
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote