View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2013, 15:06   #37
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyg2011 View Post
'you just have to rise above it .'
The problem with that, is if everyone accepts these things and never moans, or tries to do something, the cheating will just increase.

I used to only insure on a third party, fire and theft basis, but when the premiums became more expensive than fully comp., I asked why? I was told that even though the car I was insuring was of low value, it was possible to have a multi-million pound third party claim, following a multi-vehicle motorway pile-up. Up until then, I had considered that any damage that I did to my car, could be put right by myself, without claiming off the insurance company. I presume that the 'suing culture' of today has pushed up claim values, out of all proportion to the actual loss sustained; enter the lawyers!

I currently use A-plan insurance brokers and have been pleased with their service over the last four years. Another problem with insurance companies, is who actually owns them? The AA, RAC and Saga are all owned by 'venture capitalists', whose job is to maximise profits by any means possible.

Roverite.

Last edited by Roverite; 22nd June 2013 at 15:09..
Roverite is offline   Reply With Quote