View Single Post
Old 21st June 2013, 21:20   #36
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

I understand the whole risk thing, and appreciate statistics are statistically the best method of calculating statistics for a broad spectrum of motorists. In modern times these bullstats are used to generalise people which I personally think is wrong.
Ie; i'm statistically more likely to make a repeat claim now i've made my first!
I'm not a raging lunatic raping ducks and swans and getting a taste for it before moving on to humans. I'm just a bloke with a wife and kids driving his pride and joy to work. I am not a criminal.

I think it has got out of hand and I think far too many factors are considered in insurance premiums;

"do you expel intestinal gas more frequently than average Sir....well your dietary needs must be open to scrutiny and we will have to increase your premium as you may experience precipitation during one of these flatulent events and this may cause you to temporarily lose concentration and cause an accident".

Imagine how many people have never made a claim and never got points but due to a 'No fault claim' have been unable to continue motoring through the hiked premiums. That can't be right, nor can it be fair.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote