View Single Post
Old 20th April 2019, 11:48   #34
EdgarDonaldBalls
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi XPower Grey

My head unit arrived this morning.

No instructions included, just a wiring diagram on top that doesn't really match up.

I have been able to work out that the connectors are actually standard ISO connectors and the proprietary connector for steering wheel controls and rear camera trigger has labels attached to the wires so that's easy enough.

It should just plug straight in to my car without modifying the wiring, i will have to find my steering wheel control wires though and try and undo the modifications a previous owner has made at some point but I should at least be able to get the main functions of the unit working easily.

Despite supposedly only being 176mm x 98mm, it's too big to go through the fascia adapter, both width and height, so I am going to have to trim it in both directions. I'll trim the sides first though, it may just squeeze through as the height is only very slightly off.

I won't be attempting to fit the rear camera any time soon since I have a mk2 ZT that has a big old badge plinth thing right where you would want to fit it, i may modify this at some point but I would have to destroy the badge and I don't want to do that right now. I'll maybe buy a spare one if I can find one in XPower Grey, find the perfect camera to fit it and get a new badge. I can reverse without a camera though, been doing it for years, also have parking sensors, it's like a reverse camera for bats
Born Friday, 9th April 2004 @ 09:54:49
This vehicle was the 14,388th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 2,491st ZT CDTi + (135) to be made out of 4,184
This vehicle was the 2,113th ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
EdgarDonaldBalls is offline   Reply With Quote