View Single Post
Old 11th August 2016, 18:58   #8
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryr123 View Post
Thanks Chris, that's one off the list -- any idea what could still be causing the ABS to kick in at low speed.
I'm still looking toward a reluctor ring problem. I'm hoping it's not the front bearings as they are not fun to take off and replace -- the rear hubs are a doddle in comparison.
When I had a similar situation I bought a cheapish rear hub to use as a test piece . If I had to bet I would say that one of your rear hub reluctors is duff Try it on both rears in turn and see if it fixes the problem , and if it does then leave it on aapoldham on ebay do a decent one for a good price .http://stores.ebay.co.uk/aapoldham?_...p2047675.l2563

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Reading that, suggests you are misunderstanding how to carry out the test...

It is NOT just a matter of checking the voltages, but of marking the tyre where the voltage changes. A light coloured crayon, with a brick or similar as a fixed marker works well. That ensures that a full continuous set of changes of voltages/ pulses appear around the circumference of the wheel/tyre. You may need to repeat it several times to be sure the pulses appear without fail.

The judder happens when pulses signals fail to appear, when they are expected. Most likely they will be missed at lower speeds, hence the low speed judder you are experiencing.

T4 and other diagnostics will not see it as a fault, because it is doing more or less what it is supposed to be doing - generating mostly regular pulses.
This sounds very familiar to me as it follows my own experiences , and is good advice , methinks

Last edited by chris75; 11th August 2016 at 19:17..
chris75 is offline   Reply With Quote