Thread: Coolant loss
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 07:43   #28
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Now regarding the thermostat replacement, I have a few questions, would you guys recommend putting some Loctite 242 around the O ring of the straight pipe or after the pipe is fitted right outside the joint, or anywhere else for the other O rings of the other pipes?

Also, I've heard about some O rings for the fuel rails getting damaged when removing the fuel rails or something like that, is there any way to avoid this, should the fuel rails be removed from the alloy inlet manifolds or do they stay in place on the manifolds and come off with them together, which is the way to do it properly and avoid such damage?

EDIT: Today arrived the tester kit for the head gasket, after 15 mins with the engine running, the blue liquid didn't change it's color, not even slightly, so the head gasket is not damaged, thank God, but strangely, after those flushes, for the last 3 days I've had no coolant loss anymore with the system filled now with pure distilled water, but I guess only after replacing the thermostat and inlet gaskets and running like that for a week or so will tell the truth, atleast no hgf which is a big stone off my shoulder.

Last edited by Rsnail; 16th May 2019 at 15:16..
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote