View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:37   #6
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
Unfortunately I couldn't make the 23rd national due to a back injury, but I'm hoping to attend as many future events as possible. Holding the spring event on a bank holiday weekend is an excellent idea for all the reasons already mentioned, however in my opinion I'd prefer it to take place over the late May bank holiday weekend instead. Although far from being a regular occurence it's not unknown to get wintry conditions in late April and early May, whereas by the end of May things should be warming up a bit.

I've read lots of posts from members who attended Eden Camp and everyone seems to have had a great time, but there were several mentions of how windy and nippy it was on the day.

Andrew

Hi Andrew
I take on board what you are saying re the weather, there are however a couple of issues using the Whitsun/Spring bank holiday weekend at the end of May, being a school half term the cost of any accommodation will probably be higher and prospective venues tend to be less keen to turn over a large area of the car parking to group bookings because they are busier anyway and I have been turned away in the past at some venues when I explained that we dont all arrive in a coach..
Cheers Ian

Last edited by Ian G; 2nd May 2017 at 21:12..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote