View Single Post
Old 12th July 2019, 19:43   #8
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
A possible reason the dealers that didn't sell it will not fix it is some manufacturers do not pay out for the labour on warrantee repairs, they just supply the parts. I found this out when I was having issues with my Hyundai's and was told by the dealers that they didn't get paid for labour.

It also happens in other industries. Companies we were main dealers for mainly covered our labour costs or provided their own engineers, but our main supplier would not pay our labour chargers when we did warrantee work. The excuses were you absorb it from your retail margins.
All manufacturers pay for warranty repairs including labour. The labour would be at a reduced rate to retail but still chargeable as every job has a ‘standard time’ If you spent 6 hours rebuilding a gearbox and the standard time is 3.5 then that’s what you get. Manufacturers get quoted for not paying for diagnostic work but it’s a myth, Hyundai certainly do pay for time as well as parts. Regardless of where our car came from the warranty is network wide. I have my opinions why the non selling dealers won’t do warranty work but that’s just my opinion and may be incorrect.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote