View Single Post
Old 4th September 2011, 15:07   #16
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Seems strange to me that Rover fail as a UK builder at the same time as Honda/Nissan/Toyota are setting their UK productions up and are still doing 'OK' given the circumstances for all car companies, even exporting back to Japan.

I actually thought the original top gear test of the 75 by Clarkson was fair. It did fit into a niche, not a good thing if you want to sell bucket loads. He didn't say it was c**p, just dated in it's styling.

'not cheap enough for Mondeo man and too cheap for Jaguar man' Maybe that was a problem..

I also think BMW we're a lot smarter than some think and were already planning their attack on Mondeo man using the 3 series and firmly believe they learnt a lot from the Rover boys & girls in order to become the huge company they are now. They were after all still a high price low volume car maker when they bought Rover. Look where they are now!!

I think Jaguar will be next.... How many new XJ's have you seen?? All that investment and virtually no sales. I'd kill for one though........

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote