View Single Post
Old 11th July 2011, 15:53   #9
James_Death
Gets stuck in

EX.2001 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.0, CDT,155 Brake, BRG

Was £10 delivery on the handbrake...and that was at the price it has been for a good while of £25.

Well i said i had adjusted the handbrake at the wheels for some drag at two notches on the handbrake but once the wheels were on it moves more easily.

On the way for the test i was on a steep hill and had to pull up the hand brake more... went in and luckily the MOT bloke is a fellow biker and good bloke told me hand brake was up from the previouse 9% to 50% but not good enough but told me to go back and adjust them, this time i did them tighter at the two clicks on the handbrake and when handbrake off they spun freely still.

Went back and was fine i didnt do the 3 clicks i simply yanked it on and some testers test themselves and some let you apply it, i think i was at 4 clicks 5 max i know they were solid by hand on 3 clicks with the wheels off.
4 clicks solid by hand with the wheels on.

So dont know if there are still some issues this time it has to be the rear cables if anything.
Talking to the mechanic he says all cables eventually stretch he still even gets them coming in with knots tied in them.

But mine is working fine now...
James_Death is offline   Reply With Quote