View Single Post
Old 13th September 2018, 19:55   #23
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
How'do folks

I managed to get some more parts ordered - A new Genuine MG/Rover Sump Gasket - I only found 1 Genuine part available that said I never kept looking after I ordered

and I ordered some new Exhaust/Turbo Studs/Bolts and Bolts for securing the front ARB Bushes

so obviously Not Giving Up

I also managed to remove some more Hoses/Piping - Jubilee Clips in some awkward positions made it a wee bit of a challenge - and I had a first inspection of the Turbo.

r.e the Turbo - I had a wee bit of Oil on the Intake side - Would a little be acceptable/Normal ? - would it be residue from the Engine Breather Hose ?

I couldn't feel any play in the Turbo Shaft and it seemed to spin freely - So i'm hoping I don't have to change the Core

the plan is to have just the Damaged Piston/Rod/Liner replaced - rather than New Pistons on Existing Rods.

Would it be Safer/Better to refit the Head while the Car is sitting and for moving the Car onto a Trailer/Flatbed ?

Paul.
I will be removing a piston and rod at the weekend for you Paul, If you are refitting the head, do so with a couple of bolts and the old gasket just to stop crud getting into places it shouldn't

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote