View Single Post
Old 25th March 2018, 20:44   #9
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
First time I went to the Philippines was in the mid '90s with Philippine Airlines. The modern variant of the 747 is the 747-400, I think this thing was a 747-0! It rattled, it clattered. I was sitting next to one of the galleys, taking off from one of the intermediate stops a wave of water came out of the cold drinks drawer and ran along the aisle disappearing into the gaps

One of the stops was Hong Kong, the old airport where final approach was down the main street looking into apartments as you passed!
Never been to HK - my brother has tho and says that approach is something else!!

I’ve had some really funny and enjoyable moments when on aircraft - one of the best was taxying to take off at Changi Airport - we were taxying for ages and not seeming to be getting anywhere.

An elderly Australian couple in the row in front started to talk about this. The wife reasured her husband that she was sure the Pilot knew what he was doing.

And in a wonderful Australian accent the old boy replied “Well I hope he does - but I did think he was going to fly the bl00dy thing to Brisbane”
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote