View Single Post
Old 18th September 2019, 19:34   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Not too sure about this Harry but I expect someone will say yes or No.

I think there is a crank case breather on the engine. If this gets blocked then oil, under pressure, can come out through the seal on the crank case pulley end. This oil would show in the places that you are seeing it.
There are other ways of course like a sump gasket or a loose oil feed pipe as others have said.
I have no urgency to fix it - I only took a quick look, but the crank pulley seemed perfectly dry. F-T-F seemed to be suggest that turbo return feed banjo is at the rear of the engine, whereas my leak seems to be at the front of the engine, around the steering pump, but lower than the alternator. The sump was dripping with fresh oil and I cannot see it being possible for the oil be blown from the back of the engine towards the front.

The lower engine mount was dry. I have not tried running the engine and having a look yet.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote